A fantastic opportunity to live the dream! Based in a vibrant coastal resort with superb sporting facilities, you’ll work within an exhilarating retail environment at the heart of the tourist and surf centre of South West Portugal.
This position offers a competitive salary with monthly bonus and a very generous profit share scheme. In exchange we’re looking for an inspirational leader, a specialist in the retail fashion or sports markets, to drive the continued performance of a very successful, growing business.
As the General Manager, you’ll have the ability to inspire an experienced team to deliver outstanding results in a fast paced challenging market, constantly developing the business and maintaining the brand’s leading edge.
You’ll manage overall budgets with full P & L responsibility and roll out a range of strategies from sales promotion to stock management. Leading by example you will motivate your team, ensuring their exemplary knowledge of product ranges and inspiring them to create the best possible shopping experience. Good customer service and repeat business is fundamental to our success and the delivery is your responsibility.
So, if you feel you have the inspirational leadership skills to join us, then we want to hear from you!
PS: Currently it’s 25 degrees in October, with fantastic surfing conditions everywhere!!
Reporting to: Commercial Director
· Inspire, coach and develop a diverse and talented team
· Manage all aspects of the day-to-day running of the store
· Maximise the visual presentation of the unit through creative merchandising
· Make sound commercial decisions that will increase business and control costs
· Carry out administration duties with care and accuracy
· Recognise and embrace opportunities for change and understand market trends
· Work with energy, pace and enthusiasm, whilst enjoying a fast paced environment
Ability to locate in South Portugal for immediate or ASAP start – Essential
Knowledge of/or eager interest to learn about the industry and the product ranges within it - Beneficial
Keenness to adopt a surf lifestyle and get involved with the local community – Beneficial
Ability to speak duel languages, including Portuguese, or the willingness to learn basics – Beneficial