About the job:
Going abroad to teach is a great way to gain experience and can be an extremely enriching life experience. We are glad to offer our instructors a wonderful environment to teach and practice surfing, in one of the best surf destination of Morocco.
The surf instructor will give 1 collective surf lesson of 2 hours and 1 collective supervised surfing of 2 hours per day, 6 days a week. Our guests come from all over the world and classes are given in English.
Under the supervision of Sandycamps management team, the Surf Instructor will be responsible for planning, organizing, instructing and leading surf lessons for various ages and abilities, while ensuring a positive and safe environment. Job duties include but are not limited to:
1. Welcome each guest on arrival, finding out their expectations & requirements prior to teaching their first class
2. Say goodbye to guests at the end of their stay
3. Teach 6 days a week:
1. A 2-hour collective surf lesson in the morning (up to 8 guests)
2. A 2-hour collective supervised surfing in the afternoon (up to 10 guests)
4. Animate a 30-minute surf theory course twice a week and debriefing with pictures at the end of the week
5. Ensure all equipment and supplies are accessible and ready prior to class beginning
6. Take care of the equipment and its maintenance before and after surf lessons
7. Be present and available before and after each class offering personal time for questions and some extra private tuition as and when requested.
8. Join our guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner in our hostel, partner restaurants or at the beach.
9. Hosting: building a rapport with guests, meeting their every need, answering questions, assisting with changeover day on Saturdays, the hostel upkeep, laying/clearing the table, assisting in serving meals & the general smooth running of the camp to give each guest’s a great unforgettable experience!
10. Prepare classes that meet the individual needs of participants, in harmony with the goals; establish clear objectives for all lessons, projects, and communicate these objectives to the guests
11. Focus your time and energy on offering caring, thoughtful & intelligent support to guests, during and outside lessons, to maximize the development of their practice & surf experience as a whole
12. Demonstrate effective pedagogy, leadership skills, and sensitivity to all levels
13. Participate in all mandatory staff meetings and collective activities
14. Perform other job-related duties as assigned
15. Ensure the selection of the surf spot, equipment and supplies are appropriate to the activity and level of the participants to provide safe surfing conditions to guests
16. Act as a leader in emergency situations. Report any accidents or incidents according to Emergency Communication Action Plan
Minimum qualifications for position:
· Minimum of 20 years of age
· Be eligible to stay at least 3 months in Morocco
· Surf qualifications at a recognized educational institution, e.g. ISA, ASI
· Lifeguard qualifications, e.g. SLSGB, RLSS
· Good working level in English. Speaking German, Dutch, French or Arabic is a plus.
· Minimum of six months experience teaching surf
· Have a valid travel insurance
· The desire to live in the colorful culture of Morocco, by the sea and surf everyday!
Skills and ability requirements:
· Ability to properly prepare and teach all required lessons for beginners and intermediates
· Ability to work effectively with a wide range of surf levels in a diverse community
· Be able to meet the physical aspects of the position, including walking, running, swimming
· Surf confidently in all types of conditions
· Be a very good swimmer
· Remain calm and efficient in emergency situations
· Must be an enthusiastic, friendly and sociable person who is also organized, committed, reliable and a hard-working team player
· Excellent Leadership skills
· Good customer service and communication (written and verbal) skills to coach and mentor surf lessons, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations
· Ability to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints
3 healthy meals per day
Private or shared room in staff accommodation at Sandycamps
A monthly stipend
One day off per week and possibility to surf almost everyday
Opportunity to live by the ocean, join all yoga lessons, day-trips and other activities on your spare time or days-off, depending on availability
Benefit from all the extra free activities we offer (games, boards, pool, evening animations, etc.)
Starting on September 5th, 2018 for two month renewable
To apply for this position, please submit your resume on all teacher training, studies and teaching experience. Send us a video presenting yourself and telling us why you’d like to work with us, your availability with dates.
Please look at our website before applying. www.sandycamps.com
Send application to: email@example.com